Sunday, October 9, 2011

Salutations!

Hello, Lovelies!


First off, let me explain myself:

My name is Lauren and I love everything. Because of this fact, I can be contradictory. Take this layout for instance - nice and sweet like Valentine's Day.~ Well, see, they didn't have a layout that quite illustrated my exact brand of eclectic. Nothing that referenced Elegant Gothic Lolita and Punk, Girly and Grunge, Hippie and Rockstar... I like hearts and crosses and polka dots and spikes. I like owls and octopi, elephants and bunnies. I like neutral and neon, monochrome and rainbow. I love crazy-colored hair and natural beauty, wildlife and nightlife. Pink and Nicki Minaj and Bjork and Sara Bareilles. Audrey Hepburn and Chloe Sevigny. Japanese street fashion and Marie Antoinette. Bass guitar and tiny dollhouse tea sets.
Clearly, finding a layout that might illustrate all of that would be quite a task, and one I wasn't likely to succeed at. So I chose something that demonstrated the underlying emotion in all that I do. When I see this layout, I think of Love - definitely the reason I do what I do. If I don't love it, I don't do it. I wanted this place to express my one constant inspiration, and that will always be Love.

So what is this place to me?
Well, it's a blog. It's a portfolio. Sometimes it'll be a shop. It's a dream board, a wishlist, a megaphone to the universe shouting what I intend to manifest in my life. It's my own personal magazine. And hopefully one you'll enjoy and subscribe to. :)

I'll be posting about photoshoots, posting pictures from shoots, selling some clothes from shoots, and posting inspirations for future shoots. You'll read about the models I worked with, the stylists, the music, and the whole crazy process of bringing several different creative visions into one cohesive idea. I'll write about websites and businesses that I like, and I'll post anything that I think might be helpful to all you Creatives out there. I welcome comments and constructive critiques! I want to learn and grow, as well as share my experience with you.

This is my passion, and I want to practice living it as much as possible. The visual arts have always been where my heart is, and apparently the love of fashion has always been right with me as well. According to my dad, I learned to use the potty when my parents bought me frilly underwear. I never soiled a single pair. Somehow, in my young age, I understood the value of pretty clothing. And now, at the ripe old age of 22, I'm channeling that appreciation of pretty clothing into another love of mine - Photography. Fashion Photography. I can't think of a better way to combine these two intensely emotional mediums of self-expression.

I use Model Mayhem as a means of networking with people in my field. You can view my page HERE.

I use Chictopia to indulge my hungry eyes with all the fashion inspiration they could possibly want. I also post looks every now and again. :) Check me out!

And if you don't want to bother with either of those, there's always Facebook!

I'm excited about this! I'm excited about what it means for me, putting myself out there to commune with like-minded Lovelies. :) I'm excited about you and whatever you have to offer, and sharing whole-heartedly with you. Dude, I'm just excited. X3 Yay.~

No comments:

Post a Comment